Dr. Nayana H. Patel
Surrogacy and Infertility Expert,
Dr. Nayana Patel is the director of Zivia IVF Center, Anand, Gujarat, India. Dr. Patel had started the IVF centre “Zivia IVF Center” in the small town of Gujarat in 1991, to give a helping hand with modern techniques to many infertile couples. Since then till now more than 15,000 IVF babies are born by her treatment. She started treatment with surrogacy in 2003. The first surrogacy case of Dr. Patel was Asia’s first and world’s 5th case of surrogate grandmother. Her practice in the field of IVF and surrogacy is well recognized globally.
Dr. Nayna Patel has passed her MBBS and MD with five gold medals. She has attended the scientific programme and IVF workshops at National University, Singapore in 1996. She has been to various IVF centres in the USA, South Korea, UK etc. for training in the field of IVF technology.
Professional Experience :
- Medical Director at Sat. Kaival Hospital Pvt. Ltd. & Akansha Infertility and IVF Clinic, Anand, Gujarat-388001, India.
- Honourable visiting Gynaecologist at S.P. University since 1991.
- Asst. Prof at P.S. Medical College, Karamsad – 1987 – 90.
- Asst. Prof. at M.P. Shah Medical College, Jamnagar – 1986 – 87.
- Zivia IVF Center was the first surrogate services centre of India on a large scale.
- Total 1400 surrogate babies are born by treatment of Dr. Patel, till March 2019.
- She has been internationally acclaimed for this IVF Surrogacy work, wherein the surrogate gets an opportunity to help the infertile couple as well as get financial compensation.
- Dr. Patel’s first case for surrogacy was Asia’s 1st & World’s 5th case of surrogate grandmother, who delivered twins on 18/01/2004. In this historical event, the couple’s embryos were implanted in the patient’s mother as the patient had MRKH syndrome (hypoplastic uterus). This case has been widely covered by the world new services, print & electronic media. BBC has done a documentary on this case.
- Couples of more than 45 countries have been blessed with babies through surrogacy treatment by Dr. Patel.
Honour’s Felicitations & References :
- IMA Gujarat has awarded her with the “Dr. Shobhanaben A. Shah Rotating Trophy” for the Year 2006 – 07 for best Social work by a medical practitioner.
- The former Chief Minister of Gujarat, Shree. Narendra Modi had invited her to honour her at the district “Mahila Sammelan” on 27th July, at Ode.
- Dr. Nayna Patel was selected as President of State Obst. & Gynaec society of Gujarat (SOGOG), for the year 2010.
- Dr. Nayana Patel was felicitated by GCCI (Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry) on 8th March 2009 (Women’s Day) by Minister Mrs. Anandiben Patel.
- Dr. Patel was invited to the “Oprah Winfrey Show” –9th October 2007.
- Dr. Patel has also been invited to show HardTalk.
- Dr. Patel has been invited as a speaker in TEDTalk.
- Among a number of documentaries featuring her work in surrogacy, the well-known is “Womb of the World” by National Geographic, “House of Surrogates” By BBC.
- CNN, Star TV, Zee, Aaj Tak, NDTV etc. have shown her work. Dr. Patel was called for an interview by Zee Sangini for Gujarat Day, wherein 7 leading ladies of Gujarat were honoured along with Dr. Nayana Patel. Magazines like Abhiyan, Chitralekha, The week, India Today, Eve magazine – London, Maclean – Canada, Mariclaire – USA have published articles on her work.
- “Miss. Phul Gulabi”, a Gujarati two Act play has also been made on Dr. Nayna Patel and her work on surrogacy, written by Mr. Nausil Mehta and Directed by Mr. Vipul Shah.
- “Asha Nu Antim Kiran” and “The Last Ray of Hope”, books are written by Mr. Karshan Bhadarka on Dr. Patel’s work, were launched in March and July 2009.
- Dr. Patel has delivered lectures on surrogacy and infertility at National and International conferences.