What is surrogacy?
Before understanding all types of surrogacy let’s first understand the meaning of surrogacy. When a woman agrees to carry and deliver the baby for you, she is referred to as the host or surrogate, and the process is known as surrogacy. Our experienced team of fertility experts will guide and support you throughout the whole surrogacy process.
When one should go for surrogacy?
Here are various conditions that lead the way to surrogacy & all the reasons are even stated on our official website at Zivia IVF.
- History of hysterectomy (surgical removal of the uterus) for some medical indications such as endometrial cancer or cervical cancer
- Congenital or acquired uterine abnormalities
- Women with multiple fibroids with failed fertility treatment attempts
- Absence of uterus like in Mayer-Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser syndrome (a disorder with the absence of uterus at birth)
- Women with recurrent implantation failure
- Severe medical conditions like heart or renal diseases make pregnancy risky and are contraindication of pregnancy
- Biological impossibility to conceive
- Women with repeated miscarriage, and
- Medical Problems with the uterus
Types of surrogacy
To help you apprehend the various types of surrogacy and assist you with your decision, we’ve explained a few types right here and given you a few pointers that will surely help you.
If the surrogate is associated with one of the intended mothers and fathers, conventional surrogacy can offer a genetic link that would not have been feasible with a donated egg. If the intended dad and mom are an identical-sex male couple, an unmarried male, or a heterosexual couple in which the girl is unable to apply her eggs, conventional surrogacy may additionally supply them the genetic link they choose.
For supposed mothers and fathers who can’t discover an egg donor they like, don’t need a nameless donor, or are trying to lessen the fee of their surrogacy, conventional surrogacy may be excellent for them.
Intended dad and mom and surrogates who are cautious of the legalities and feelings involved in conventional surrogacy will need to pick a gestational surrogacy. If conventional surrogacy is outlawed within the surrogate’s nation, she and the meant mother and father will need to pursue gestational surrogacy.
Gestational surrogacy lets in many supposed mothers to be related to their toddler. Intended dad and mom who have final embryos from beyond IVF treatments can use those in gestational surrogacy.
Genetic Relationship: Gestational vs. Traditional Surrogacy
When it involves growing an embryo, there are two kinds of surrogacy to ponder: conventional and gestational. In a nutshell, right here’s what you need to understand about these varieties of surrogacy. In traditional surrogacy, the surrogate’s egg is used to create the embryo of the child she goes to carry (either thru intrauterine insemination or in vitro fertilization.) In gestational surrogacy, the meant mother and father create an embryo using their very own egg and sperm or the usage of donated egg or sperm.
While traditional surrogacy became the only manner to finish a surrogacy at some stage in a maximum of records, over the last 30 years, gestational surrogacy has become the more famous of the 2 kinds of surrogacy. Not most effective does it allow both mother and father of a heterosexual couple to be biologically related to their infant, however it also enables take away a number of the legal and emotional struggles that include a surrogate is genetically related to the child she’s carrying. So, how do you understand which of those surrogacy sorts is proper for you? We have even mentioned both these surrogacies on our official website, to read more please visit our website at Zivia IVF.
It’s usually pleasant you seek advice from your surrogacy professional, however here are a few reasons why humans may additionally pick out conventional or gestational surrogacy.
If meant parents feel uncomfortable asking a chum or family member to come to be an uncompensated surrogate, a commercial surrogacy may additionally assist take away the sensation of indebtedness that they might by no means payback. For intended parents and surrogates who don’t realize every other previous to the matching method, a compensated surrogacy protects both parties’ hobbies and rights inside the surrogacy system.
Surrogates may additionally come to sense resentful or taken advantage of all through the altruistic surrogacy system, so for ladies who are unsure, compensated surrogacy is typically the way to go.
If a surrogate’s state outlaws compensated surrogacy agreements, she and the meant parents could have to complete their surrogacy altruistically. For a few supposed dad and mom and surrogates who’re buddies or circle of relatives participants, a compensated surrogacy is senseless; a surrogate will want to hold their infant due to the love among her and the intended mother and father. Because surrogates are unpaid, an altruistic surrogacy might assist the intended mother and father reduce the cost of their surrogacy.
Payment for a Surrogate: Compensated vs. Altruistic Surrogacy
Another component that creates distinctive forms of surrogacy is the compensation that a surrogate is paid to carry the meant dad and mom’ infant. When a surrogate is given base payment for carrying the child (past reimbursement for pregnancy-related expenses), that is known as compensated surrogacy. If a surrogate does now not acquire any extra payments, she can entire an altruistic surrogacy. So, how do you decide between those two kinds of surrogacy? Here are some elements that can follow your state of affairs
Deciding Which Type of Surrogacy is Right for You
These are only a few of the sorts of surrogacy to be had to you as a supposed parent or potential surrogate. For example, if you’re a supposed determine, your surrogacy manner may additionally fall beneath the types of single discern surrogacy. Remember, your surrogacy will be tailor-made to you and your personal scenario — and you’ll need to decide what’s best for you and your own family as you circulate forward. It’s endorsed that you talk in element with a surrogacy professional or your fertility medical institution to discover what types of surrogacy are to be had to you and the pros and cons of every to determine what the ideal healthy is for you.
Preparation process & requirement
Here are all the necessary measures are taken by medical institutions while handling surrogacy. You can read these and more on types of surrogacy on our official website at Zivia IVF.
- The Counsellor will discuss all aspects of IVF surrogacy, in detail.
- The commissioning couple, surrogate host, and any other known donors involved will attend medical consultations and independent counselling.
- The surrogate will have to undertake virology screening, including HIV testing.
- Treatment requires stimulation of the ovaries, as in normal IVF. This involves monitoring the cycle, collecting the eggs by vaginal or abdominal ultrasound techniques, inseminating the eggs, and freezing any resulting embryos.
- Surrogates, ideally should be under 36 and have completed their own family or have decided they do not want to become parents themselves.
- The embryos must remain in frozen storage for a ‘quarantine period’ of at least six months, as required by the ICMR.
- Blood tests are repeated at the end of this time, and when all the test results prove satisfactory, arrangements are made for embryo transfer to the surrogate. Frozen embryos can be stored for your future use for a maximum of 10 years.
- An alternative is that we freeze the sperm sample to be used, for the six months leading up to the start of an IVF cycle. This enables the embryos to be transferred ‘fresh’ to the uterus of the surrogate.